Are you an ethical hacker? or a person who really wants to know more about ethical hacking and penetration testing?. If yes then Kali Linux is for you.you can do most of the hacking things with kali Linux. So here we show you how to install Kali Linux on Virtualbox.
Before we begin let’s check what are the pros and cons of using Kali Linux on Virtualbox.
- Your OS is completely safe. You don’t need to mess with your OS boot manager
- You can install Multiple times
- You don’t need extra hardware
- You may encounter Performace drops.
- Cant use Addon wireless Cards
- Problems with some external devices
What is Kali Linux
Kali Linux is A Linux OS based distro for advanced security testing. Kali Linux contains a lot of penetration tools that can be used for security testing and hacking purpose.
Features Of Kali Linux
- There are more than 600+ tools included
- Free to Use and it always will be
- Open source
- Multi-language support
and much more…
What IS Virtualbox
A virtual Box is a software used for Virtualisation. You can virtualize any OS in Virtualbox. Virtualbox supports most of the Operating Systems. You can easily install multiple OS on a VirtualBox, All you need is a powerful processor with Memory capacity.
How to install Kali Linux on Virtualbox
So, let’s dig in. Installing Kali Linux on a virtual machine is a little difficult for beginners. So read carefully to avoid errors and problems.
Requirements (Before installing Kali Linux on Virtual Box)
- Hard Disk: Minimum 25 to 30 GB of Hard disk space
- RAM: 2GB minimum 4GB Recommended
- Network connection
Download Kali Linux Installer ISO file from Here – Download
Download Virtual box For Your PC – Download
After downloading Both files You can start installation process
- First Install Virtualbox into your PC
- After the installation process Click on New button
- Now in this window, you have to give a name to your OS and Select OS type.
Name : Kali Linux
Type : Linux
Version : Debian(x64)
- Choose Memory Size: 1GB recommended
- Next You have to select the option create a Virtual Disk and click the button Create.
- In the next window, you have to select VHD (Virtual Hard Disk Option)
- From the next window Option Dynamically allocate and click next button
- Now name Your disk and allocate at least 25GB of disk space
- You have successfully created Your virtual disk Now you have to Load Kali Linux ISO file. To do This, Click Settings Icon and select storage option.
- From here Select optical drive icon
- Now a window will pop up to select your Kali Linux ISO file.
- Click ok
You have successfully loaded KALI LINUX ISO file. Now click On Load Button
- Choose Graphical install option to begin Kali Linux installation
That’s it Follow instructions to complete Kali Linux Installation On Virtualbox
Refer Video To know more about Installation